So Little Man may or may not have inherited my
He might have inherited my love for 'all things muffin' as well. So, I used that to my advantage this past weekend when I made muffins from the ingredients pictured below (plus the baking necessities like flour, sugar, etc.)
After a little bit of washing, chopping, grating, and pureeing, the ingredients turn out like this:
I'll give you the breakdown of the recipe using the numbers in the picture above.
- Mix 2 cups all-purpose flour, 3/4 tsp baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Mix 1 cup sugar, 1/4 cup (1/2 a stick) of softened butter, and 2 eggs in a separate smaller bowl. Set aside.
- Chop up 1 1/2 cups of broccoli-frozen/thawed or fresh/steamed (I used fresh). Combine the broccoli cuts with 1/4 cup juice (I used an apple-pear juice) into a food processor. A blender works also. You should end up with 1/2 cup of puree when you're done.
- Smash up about 3 bananas and add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract.
- Grate 1/2 cup of carrots. It took 2 smaller sized carrots for me.
- You'll also need 1/4 cup yogurt (vanilla, plain, strawberry, whatever you want)
Once all of your ingredients are ready, combine them all together in the large bowl that has your dry ingredients. Mix until well-combined.
Scoop the mixture into a prepared muffin pan. I usually coat my muffin tins with a little bit of canola oil.
Bake them at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. Since I'm using a gas oven, mine only took 20 minutes to bake. The toothpick test is my best friend with gas ovens.
Depending on how you divide your batter, you might end up with 20-24 muffins! This is great since you might want to freeze a batch for later.
These muffins are Little Man approved!
They were not approved by the Mr. who said that it was weird to have veggies in a muffin.
I don't mind them but the whole purpose is to get Little Man the nutrition he needs (so it's probably good that we don't love them or Little Man might not have any muffins to eat).
Now it's your turn to go trick an unsuspecting child. If they ask what's in the muffins, you could always just say "They were made with love" :-)
You have such a cute blog! Little man is so adorable!!ReplyDelete
Pocket of Presh
Thanks, Natalie! I just stopped by your blog and looked at all your "house tour" posts. Your house looks great!Delete