"...do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayers and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to the Father. And the peace of the Father, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds..."
Updated Aug. 17, 2013
- That we would remain close to the Father and continue to hide His Word in our hearts
- We would show kindness and grace towards each other and to those around us, especially when we have moments of frustrations with the culture (i.e. frequent power outages, always being stared at, horrible traffic).
- That we would take hold of every opportunity to share Truth with those around us.
- That we would not grow weary (Hebrews 12:12-15)
- Building relationships with our new neighbors.
- Our team is starting a travel business and there are multiple steps that have to be accomplished before everything is up in running. This business will be key in helping us reach and get connected with surrounding villages/PGs.
- That we would be able to get work visas.
- Our supervisors returned back to the States for 6 months, so we are currently in charge of a few more things than usual.
- We officially made it to our ONE-YEAR mark in country on April 4th. That is definitely a "woo-hoo!"
- We received approval for business visas (however, we still don't officially have them in our passports)
- We have both reached "advanced-low" status for language, which means that we received our language certificates. However, we'll always be language learners :-)
- Both sides of our family were able to come and visit this summer!
As many of you might know, SE Asia is a major provider for popular coffee shops and companies. I don't know how many of you are coffee drinkers, but even if you aren't, you can't deny the sweet aroma that coffee gives off. It fills the room within minutes. We want to have that same kind of effect with spreading the Good News. So, anytime you take a moment to take a sip of your coffee, say a little prayer for us as we serve in SE Asia. Just know that your part is just as necessary as our part. There are those that must go and those that must send. Thank you for partnering with us in getting the Good News to the nations!